How to Use a Duvet Cover
A duvet cover is essentially a fabric cover that opens on one end to accommodate a comforter. Duvet covers offer the ultimate in convenience and style, so it’s not surprising that they have become a favorite for both homes, as well as luxury hotels around the globe. Everyone loves their clean look and the comfort they offer. However, it is also well-known that it can be frustrating to put them on correctly. Using your duvet cover shouldn’t be a hassle. Below are a couple of methods to make things easier:
The California Roll Method
The California Roll Method is a very popular and easy way to put on a duvet cover. It is also called the Burrito Method. It involves the following steps:
- Start by flipping your duvet cover inside out. Next, lay it down on your bed while making sure that its opening is pointed towards the foot of your bed.
- Next, lay your insert on top of the cover, ensuring the corners and edges match up neatly. If your duvet cover comes with snaps or ties, tie all the corners to the cover before proceeding.
- Once the corners and edges are aligned, grab the edge that is opposite of the cover’s opening and start to roll tightly. While rolling, make necessary adjustments to ensure that everything stays aligned.
- Once finished, grab one end of the roll and open the duvet cover. Stuff the insert inside, through the cover’s opening and then turn it inside out. Once the insert is stuffed inside, zip up the duvet cover and fasten the buttons, if necessary.
- Finally, carefully unroll the duvet. Make sure to straighten and shake as you go to ensure the filling is evenly distributed.
The Traditional Method
This method is similar to the Burrito Method, except that you begin by laying your insert on the bed first. Next, turn the duvet cover inside out then place it on top of the insert.
Follow these instructions:
- Get started by laying your insert or duvet cover over your bed.
- Next, flip the cover inside out and then lay it on the duvet’s top, while making sure that all the edges and corners align and the opening of the duvet cover is at your bed’s foot.
- Similar to the above method, if your duvet cover has snaps or ties, tie all four corners of the duvet to the cover.
- Next, starting at the foot of the bed, grab the top corners of the duvet cover from the inside. Pinch all of the corners. Make sure that both the cover and the insert are in your hands and then turn the cover right side out.
- Keep all corners of the duvet cover in your hands, lift up the cover and then slide it down on top of the rest of the duvet, making adjustments as you go. Once the cover is fully over the duvet, tie the bottom ties together, if necessary.
- Once completed, give your duvet cover a good fluff and shake to make sure everything aligned correctly.
Both methods are effective, so choose the one that best suits you. No matter which method you choose, it may take a few attempts to get the hang of it.